Edmundo

Malaperantaj menuoj

Kun Firefox, se mi alklakas iun menuon, ekzemple "Komunumo" aŭ "Aktivado", kaj movas la musmontrilon *malrapide* suben, la menuo malaperas, antaŭ ol mi povas elekti ion. Strange, ke tiel baza afero malbone funkcias.

I think it's a natural consequence of some JS which is quite common nowadays. It adds a delay on menus appearing to prevent situations where somebody hovering over a menu item en route to another one doesn't get lots of incidental effects (submenus appearing and disappearing in a flash etc) from the other menu items which lie between. It's not so obvious a thing with this template but on the default which ships with the software it could look pretty awful. I'm testing with the default now and deliberately being slow is causing the same effect of menus fading out before you can click on what you're looking for.

I'm planning on rehashing the cosmetics of the header somewhere down the line so I can look at it then. In the meantime, I think the best piece of advice is "don't be slow". You'd have the same experience on most modern sites, I think.

N    No, I think you're                            describing an entirely            different phenomenon. There are a number of differences between what you seem to be describing and what I observe:                                                                                                 

* With me the menu sometimes disappears if I move the mouse pointer quickly; moving it slowly is a way of reliably making it disappear.                                                                                                                                                

* Time has nothing to do with it, as far as I can tell: it can happen 0.5 s or 20 s after clicking.                                                                                                                                                    

* The menu disappears suddenly (it doesn't "fade") when the mouse pointer crosses a particular line.                                                                                                                                                                                  

* I've never experienced this on any other web site.                                                                                 

* My guess is                          that the problem happens when an intermediate position of the mouse pointer happens to be exactly on the boundary of the box containing the menu items. The more slowly                   you move the mouse pointer, the more likely it is to happen, but it can happen at any speed. It happens frequently enough at normal speeds to be annoying.    

(The stuff above looked normal before I pressed the button: further evidence of the editor not working, I suppose.)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Oh, that's frustrating. We made a change to the editor today and it seemed to be working. Let's see what happens when I post this.

You might be on to something. I've just tried it with this site's default theme and then with the software firm's own site and moving slowly does seem to have an effect here that it doesn't there.

It's a bit late for me to look at it now (long day) but I'll note it as something to investigate later.

ezgif-3-f3036dd14c3c.gif

23 minutes ago, Tim said:

Oh, that's frustrating. We made a change to the editor today and it seemed to be working. Let's see what happens when I post this.

That posted perfectly, as did the following post. So I'm stuck for an explanation ...

test test                           t e s t                                                

What are your specs, Edmund? I presume you're not on Windows.

^^ That's 1 3 cursor-left 2 if I do it.

I'm using Firefox on Ubuntu here. Probably version 61.

Personally I rather like the Markdown-based editor on GitHub...   

Weird. Why is everything so crap? In the old days things were simple and just worked.                                                                                                            

You seem to be the only one having this problem, though.

It's working fine for me on Android, assuming this doesn't change after submission. The post above was with Chrome on Windows.

This is Firefox on Windows.

^^ 1 3 cursor-left 2 with Firefox.

Edge on Windows.

About to test Chromium:                          

Perhaps my cursor-left is different from your cursor-left. Let's try something else:                                                                                                                                                               

12 3